This dual launch is two beers made from the same ‘Wort Mother’. Two divine IPA’s divided at birth.
West Coast IPA Edition
1. We added a small amount of bittering hops just to tame the boil and give a touch of IBU’s.
2. At the end of the boil, the remaining wort that was left after the first transfer was whirl-pooled with cascade hops at 94 degrees for 20 minutes to add bitterness and that ‘Westie’ Cascade flavour and aroma.
3. We then transferred this wort into FV2 and fermented with US-05 which is highly attenuative and flocculates out really nicely helping with clarity.
4. After fermentation we added 15g/L of a blend of Equinot & Amarillo dry hop.
5. We chilled and topped up the carbonation in the beer to 2.5 volumes of CO2